"I've Got Bad Plumbing" has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
and update your bookmarks.

Surrogacy Blogs:
Part of a Miracle
Bump Fairy
Our Surrogacy Adventure

Working on it:
Mad Hatter
Chick N Chicken
Ambivalent Womb
Stirrup Queen's List of Blogs
Delinquent Eggs
Life and Love in the Petrie Dish
Life in the Infertile Lane
Hell Hath No Fury Like a Woman Barren
Everyone Else But Me
It Takes a Village
Stella Part 2
Music Maker Momma

On other paths:
Fertile Soul
MLO Knitting
Out, damned egg! Out I say!
Holding Pattern
Hummingbird Chronicles
Velvet Cage

Adventures in Baby Making
Barren Albion
Barren Mare
Dead Bug
Due Dates
Fertility Shmertility
Fumbling Towards Eggstacy
Great Good Fortune
Healing Arts
Hopeful Mother
I Can't Whistle
IF & the City
It Only Takes One Egg
Waiting for Baby Orange
Jenny From the Infertility Block
She's Back!: Manana Banana
Smarshy Boy
Stella and/or Ben
Tinkering with the Works
Twisted Ovaries
Wishing For One

Other Good Reads:
Dr. Licciardi's Infertility Blog

Mc Gill Reproductive Centre - Montreal
Georgia Reproductive Specialists
Jinemed Hospital - Turkey

Cooper Center - NJ
Conceptions - Colorado
Red Rock Fertility - Dr. Eva Littman
Pacific Fertility Center
Zouves Fertility Center"
Nova IVF

IVF Meds - UK
Free Garage Sale
Flying Pharmacy (IVIg)

Blastocyst Grading Criteria
How much hCG is Left After Trigger?
POAS Ratings
More POAS Ratings
The Beta Base

Friday, September 04, 2009

CD3: Crash and Burn

Yesterday was CD2 and I went to the new clinic for my FSH/E2 and baseline U/S.

They found a cyst larger than 2cm and canceled me right on the spot. Fuck. I didn't even get out of the door on this cycle.

But it gets worse.

Today my new RE called to talk about the cyst. He said that if I don't get AF by Sept 27th that I'd have to wait yet ANOTHER month because their lab shuts down at a certain point in October for routine cleaning. FUCK!!!

Can you believe it? I was postponed a month after surgery, a month for my cyst, and now possibly a 3rd month. I can't tell you how depressing this is. I may have to get started up with the other big lab in the big apple just to have a contingency plan...and I guess this is what I'll have to do. I'm on CD3 today so we're close to splitting hairs on whether my period will have started by the 27th. That would mean a 26 day cycle. It's been known to have happened...I'll see if there is anything I can do to bring it on sooner.

Oh, but wait. It actually gets worse

Yes, worse.

It turns out that my SMA tests came back positive. I'm a carrier for SMA (spinal muscular atrophy). No small surprise as two of my cousins are homozygous for this and express it as well. It's one of those nasty genes that runs in Lithuanian/Eastern European families. But what this means is that my sperm donor might not be able to be my donor now: it doesn't look as though he's been tested for it and he is also Lithuanian. Being Lithuanian, he has a very high chance of being a carrier. If he is also a carrier, our children would have a 50% chance of having a debilitating disease. So I called his sperm bank and asked if they can double check to see if he's been tested or if he would be willing to be tested. Fingers crossed.

I called Fairfax and they DO have a bunch of donors who have been tested for SMA. Thank god. But now I have to start all over and find one that is "open identity" as well as tall and SMA negative.

Needle in a haystack, I'm tellin' ya.

I asked my man to bring home scotch. It's a drinking night.


My Diagnosis

My Infertility History

My Usual Protocol for Diet, Herbs, & Supplements

Powered by Blogger